Not sure what to do with the leftover herbs in your fridge? Look no further! Freezing herbs in oil or butter not only preserves them so they don’t go bad, but also allows you to enjoy the flavor of fresh herbs even in winter when they’re not in season.
The process is very simple:
- Chop your herbs, arrange them to your liking in an empty ice cube tray, and pop them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Once the cubes are frozen, gently remove them from the ice cube tray and place into a reusable bag in the freezer.
- After storing, you can either thaw them and let them come to room temperature to use in dressings or cold dishes, or you can drop them into a hot pan to use in hot dishes instead of just plain cooking oil.
Simply drop one of these herb-packed olive oil cubes in a hot pan and shortcut your way to a flavorful meal, without having to wash and chop fresh herbs every time.
A few dishes herb cubes are perfect for:
- Chives in Frittatas, Omelettes, or Scrambled Eggs
- Parsley + Oregano + Basil in Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Thyme + Rosemary for Vegetable Soups
- Basil in Homemade Pesto
Live Creative is a leading resource and community hub for sustainable design, innovation, business, and marketing. Our Lifestyle Team brings you inspiring sustainability and zero waste tips, ideas, and more. Our Creative Studio Team offers authentic marketing, branding, and business expertise to ecopreneurs, socialpreneurs, and purpose-driven brands.